- OCLC First Search - Full text journal and magazine articles. Call library for username and password.
- Google Scholar -an easy way to search for scholarly research
- GCF LearnFree.org - A great free technology training site that teaches Computer Basics, Pinterest, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and many more!
- TechBoomers - A great technology training site that teaches over 50 different Apps online!
GOVERNMENT & LEGAL
- Federal Tax Forms - Download and print tax forms.
- Illinois Tax Forms - Download and print state tax forms.
- Adams County Legal Self Help Center-online legal support
- Adams County GIS (Geographic Information System) -an interactive map viewer that allows users to see maps of Adams County, Illinois showing property lines, addresses, photography, streets, historical information and more.
- Medline Plus- Health information from the U.S. National Library of Medicine
- National Institutes of Health - Health information for consumers
- Healthfinder - Health information that is easy to read in English and Spanish
- Senior Health - Health information for the elderly
- Kids Health Information - Kids & Teen health information by the Nemours Foundation
- Addiction Resource - for addiction treatment help and information
- HealthCorps - a national non-profit organization that gives teens tools to improve physical and mental health so they can learn to live more productive and happier lives.
JOB SEEKER RESOURCES
- Illinois Job Link - job search tool. Both statewide and nationwide job banks are included.
- Illinois Worknet Center- Find and prepare for jobs.
- Monster.com - Job Search tool.
- GotResumeBuilder.com - a feature-rich online resume building tool that is FREE!!
- Historical Society of Quincy and Adams County
- Illinois State Archives
- Adams County Illinois Gen Web Project
- Find a Grave
AFFORDABLE CARE ACT
The Four Star Public Library can point you toward resources to help you better understand the Affordable Care Act. Our staff is happy to help you navigate these resources but are not trained to answer insurance questions or assist with choosing policies. To protect your privacy, we cannot help you complete personal applications.
- The portal for Illinois citizens and small businesses is http://healthcarereform.illinois.gov.
- The Adams County Health Department is training navigators who will assist individuals with Affordable Care Act questions. The Adams County Health Department number is 217-222-8440.
- Download paper applications from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services: Individual Short Form and Individual without Financial Assistance Family form.
- Understand the terms used in the Afforadable Care Act. Download the pdf
- Visit the federal website for the Afforadable Care Act. healthcare.gov